Founded in 1988, TEFAF is widely regarded as the world’s pre-eminent organization of fine art, antiques, and design. TEFAF runs three Fairs internationally - TEFAF Maastricht, which covers 7,000 years of art history; TEFAF New York Spring, focused on modern and contemporary art & design; and TEFAF New York Fall, covering fine and decorative art from antiquity to 1920 alongside a program of initiatives designed to enrich the global art community. TEFAF therefore provides a global platform for hundreds of the world’s leading art dealers.
We are a global organization with offices in the Netherlands, London and New York. Our team is made up of art experts, production stars, and communications wizards. Operations is at the heart of what we do, and we are looking for a passionate team player to join our New York office.
As a Marketing & Communications Manager to TEFAF, you will help execute the global marketing communications strategy and translate the mission to the US markets and local NYC fairs. This versatile and exciting role will act as a direct link to TEFAF’s core Marketing pillars:
- Communication (PR, exhibition communcations)
- Media (design, advertising, catalogue, fair collateral)
- Content (digital communication, content creation, social media)
- Relationships (VIP, museum and sponsor relationships and cultural program)
In collaboration with the global team, you will work on the development and execution of the communication strategy in the US markets supporting the fair. This includes internal and external communications, exhibitor communications and special projects.
In collaboration with the global team, you will work on design and print production for our catalogue, invitations, advertisements and promotional materials. This includes working with the design team, working on prevetting imagery and getting sign off on proofs with exhibitors. In this function you will also be developing and tracking the production calendar including all advertising deadlines. Finally you will be the main point person for all other fair collateral.
In collaboration with the global team you will be the link between content production, selection and being the direct link for NY and HQ. Also you will support the influencer and social media projects.
You will assist with the local and global relationships program supporting on museum relationships, track and manage invitation process (CIS), act as a link between all sponsoring request and marketing execution, work on corporate events and support the cultural program.
This is a full time position located in New York City
This is a highly collaborative role requiring working with all our stakeholders both colleagues in NY and NL as well an international collection of 90+ exhibitors.
- 3-5 years of experience in roles directly managing marketing and communication projects incl print production
- Knowledge of print production process and requirements including paper stocks, ink saturation, bleed areas, gutters, etc.
- Experience working in PR and communications
- Graphic design experience and skilled in the use of design software Adobe creative suites, in-design, etc.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Proficient in using technology such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite , Slack, Email, BONUS: Asana (project management software)
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English additional language skills are a plus
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal
- Independent self-starter with ability to multi-task in a highly energetic and fast-paced ad hands on environment
- Strict attention to detail
- Works well under pressure, proactive, adaptable and fast moving
TEFAF is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your the application and accompanying letter to HR@tefaf.com